The dawn of a new decade is the perfect time to look back and reflect on how far we’ve come. While Simply Framed wasn’t around for all of the 2010s, we do have 6 years (and counting!) under our belts that we’re extremely proud of. And 2019 was a big one for us, filled with our most exciting launches and collaborations to date!
Keep scrolling to see 5 favorite highlights from the year.
1. We relaunched our website.
The Simply Framed Designer in action.
We brought you a new and improved experience on simplyframed.com, adding tons of helpful features and new options for ultimate customization when designing your frame.
- Our Designer now lets you see your frame in real time as you build it.
- We added new custom framing options like Island Mat; upgraded acrylic; the ability to customize mat size, style, and material; and a Frame Only service type.
- A fully searchable Order History tab now includes pixel-perfect images of all your framed artwork.
- We simplified the order process for our Pro partners by transitioning them onto this updated state-of-the-art platform.
- Redesigning our website to showcase different Art Types meant we could showcase even more gorgeous artwork from our Pro partners on the site.
2. We launched Simply Framed Black Label.
A stacked assortment of Simply Framed Black Label frames.
After years of brainstorming and fine-tuning, we were thrilled to officially launch Simply Framed Black Label online. The collection of museum-quality custom frames is crafted from 4 hardwoods in 22 finishes—so each piece of fine art is sure to find its perfect match.
3. We popped up at MoMA Design Store.
The gang’s all here! We loved displaying a wide variety of our frames at the Print Shop Pop-Up at MoMA Design Store.
While we worked hard in 2019, we also had a lot of fun—especially at events like our Print Shop Pop-Up at MoMA Design Store in Soho. The month-long pop-up showcased prints from Brooklyn-based screenprinter Kayrock, plus posters from artists in MoMA’s archives, all framed in Simply Framed Gallery Frames. The shop and events series was so jam-packed that we had to give it its own round-up of top 10 moments.
4. We partnered with amazing brands.
The ultimate gallery wall showcasing art by Max Wanger Print Shop, Daylight Dreams Editions, Wit & Delight, Permanent Press Editions, Christopher David Ryan, Kate Holstein, and Eventide Collective, curated and custom framed by us for Spaces by Brooklinen.
From custom framing artwork for the Deep Water Literary Festival to collaborating with Uprise Art to showcase mini masterpieces for Nook, our frames were in really great company last year. Other favorite partnerships of 2019 include framing art for Maisonette’s new Brooklyn headquarters, and working with Brooklinen to curate and custom frame a collection of artwork by some of our trade partners for the new Spaces by Brooklinen.
5. We celebrated a milestone birthday.
In 2019, Simply Framed turned 5 years old! We celebrated by taking a trip down memory lane, reminiscing on the early days of the company and the many events, ideas, and—most importantly—people that got us to where we are today.
And...we're growing! To kick off the decade, we're moving into a new office to accommodate our ever expanding team. Send those resumés our way, because we've got some very exciting positions open for new talent.