Our epic first Pop-Up at MoMA Design Store in Soho is wrapping up this weekend, and it's been so much fun! Our team of frame ambassadors has been on the ground in Soho, NYC, framing personal art brought in by visitors to the Pop-Up, along with hard-to-find posters from artists in MoMA's collection and limited-edition prints from Kayrock Screenprinting.
Our display at The Print Shop Pop-Up at MoMA Design Store.
Needless to say, between the countless customers we've helped, and the awesome teams at MoMA Design Store and Kayrock, we not only made a lot of new friends but gained invaluable insights based on visitors' framing questions, suggestions, and seeing how you experience the beauty and potential of our frames in person. Thank you!
If you couldn't be there, here's a rundown of the top 10 moments from The Print Shop Pop-Up at MoMA Design Store.
1. When our new friend Go Kasai decided to frame stunning artwork created with actual butterfly wings and in our Neon Max Plexiboxes. (Due to the delicate nature of the pieces, we recommended a frame kit, now available on simplyframed.com—no shipping of artwork required!)
Our Max Plexiboxes are even better in person and proved to be a very popular style at The Pop-Up. Here is our trusty stack of frame corners, sitting pretty on our table.
2. Meeting painter Jacob El Hanani and then visiting his beyond stunning studio around the corner. We can't wait to frame some of his pieces in Simply Framed Black Label!
3. Our Mini Masterpieces event with Liz Libre of Lewis and Linda & Harriett. Framing children's artwork always makes us happy, and having so many colorful and fun pieces of art in one space was a dream. Thanks Liz for spreading the word and lending your talents to help with the awesome invites for all of our events.
Liz poses with a collection of colorful kiddo's artwork, ready to be framed.
This artist and this artwork are both destined for Simply Framed Black Label.
Want to see this amazing piece framed?
With our new builder, you can preview your artwork in all of our frame styles and mat styles online.
Fun with frames and mini masterpieces.
OMGG...so good in our Neon Lime Max Plexibox frame.
4. We joined forces with Dara's mom, Ann Deshe, to host over 50 people for a celebratory brunch on International Women's Day, complete with delicacies from the amazing women-run, Brooklyn-based caterer Poppy's.
5. An enthused visitor found out that their friends got married thanks to the NYTimes wedding announcement we framed for our handout. "Oh I guess that's why he's been trying to get a hold of me on LinkedIn..."
Congratulations Molly Hurff and James Price! NYTimes wedding announcement framed with a double mat in our Certificate Frame in Silver. Also pictured: An original illustration by CDR in our Natural Gallery Frame and a Paula Scher notebook in our Clear Max Plexibox Frame with White Linen.
6. All the fun that went down during live Screenprinting with Kayrock Screenprinting on Saturdays, from the gradient prints that visitors were invited to draw on top of to create their own originals to a visit from FOO/SKOU, producing prints that allowed users to download an app on their phone, scan shapes, and experience an audio composition accompanying to the artwork.
Kayrock's station at the MoMA Design Store in Soho.
One of the shapes that makes a sound by FOO/SKOU, printed on site by Kayrock Screenprinting.
7. Our evening panel about collecting posters with Maxwell Ryan, founder of Apartment Therapy, Karl LaRocca, Founder of Kayrock Screenprinting, Starr Figura, Curator at MoMA, and Dara. (Takeaway: Limited-edition posters are a great way to start a collection and prove you don’t need to spend a fortune to buy contemporary art.)
8. Not only did we enjoy way too many delicious pastries every Wednesday morning as part of our Meet The Experts Breakfast Series, but we had the pleasure of getting to know our awesome co-hosts. Erin, Alyssa, Sophie, and Ariel—you rock!
Dara, Erin Dana Lichy of Homegirl, and friends.
Dara and Alyssa Kapito of Alyssa Kapito Interiors.
Sophie Elgort, photographer and founder of Through Our Lens, Inc., poses with the prints from Kayrock.
An attendee captures the discussion between Dara and Sophie.
Dara and Ariel Okin at our final Meet the Experts Breakfast.
9. When a customer brought in an incredible assortment lenticular prints from the 1960s for framing.
10. When our creative advisor Bradford Shellhammer stopped by with his insanely gorgeous Josef Albers for Hermes scarf to frame in Simply Framed Black Label 😍.
Inspired to make your own magical framing moment happen? Head to simplyframed.com.